Jacob Body & Paint commenced in 1969 at Walla Walla in Body & Paint.
The company then relocated to Wodonga in 1989 and continued to grow as a preferred repairer for multiple insurance companies.
In light of our success, we continually look for new avenues of improving customer service and satisfying customer needs.
In 2011 we installed a rapid repair system to satisfy people with minor damage to vehicles and minimise the amount of “off-road time”.
In September 2014, we visited the Automechanika Trade Show in Frankfurt and discovered the Betag Innovations product stand and working demonstrations. We were very impressed with the technology and along with the input from our colleagues, we decided to be the Australian importer, distributor and trainer for this product.
Autotek Australia was founded in February 2015 and is totally committed to stocking, promoting and servicing the Betag Innovations product in Australia. We have invested in a full set of training equipment allowing us to train with four work stations at once, catering for a maximum of eight participants. From this training, there are procedure manuals, theory sessions and ongoing support
What is efficiency in today’s body shop?
- We believe that time is money, so each body shop technician needs the best possible tools to do his or her job professionally and quickly
- We believe that variable cost should be kept to a minimum so that more of the turnover will be left over for the body shop after the repair. In other words, not every damaged body panel needs to be replaced. Many can be repaired instead.
- We believe that small to medium collision damage can be repaired instead of being replaced. We have developed an efficient system called the Flatliner for this type of repair.
- We believe that small to medium dents can be repaired without painting, provided the paint is not damaged. This also reduces variable cost, thus making the whole repair process more efficient. Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) is our main field of activity. We develop and manufacture a wide variety of tools, and we train our customers to use them.
- We believe that product training is the only way to work with modern body shops, OEM car manufacturers and insurance companies on a professional level.
WHO ARE BETAG INNOVATIONS?
Ralph Meichtry founded Beulentechnik AG in 2001 because he believed that the market for body shop tools was simply insufficient. It lacked the tools to get the job done right, and quickly. At the time, Ralph already had over 10 years’ experience in this sector. He was able to use this experience to develop more efficient solutions for body shops, which his team markets around the world.
Their core intention is making the modern auto body shop technician’s work more efficient. Time is money. So everything they do is focused on helping this technician get his or her job done faster and better. At Beulentechnik AG they believe that far too many damaged body panels are being replaced today. For the simple reason that many body shops don’t have the tools to repair these panels. So besides striving for efficiency in today’s body shops, they also collaborate with auto manufacturers, insurance companies, body shop associations (just to name a few) to spread the word about what is possible today.
All their products are produced and developed in their R&D facility in Prague, Czech Republic. They distribute them from their headquarters in Wollerau, Switzerland via their international dealer network.